EUserv offers the opportunity to expand its existing disk space on a server with external USB hard drives for each server customers. EUserv closes like external hard drives to the available USB ports on the motherboard to the hosted with us root server of the customer.
What are the USB hard drives?
With the USB hard drives are conventional external hard drives in a separate housing. The USB hard drives are connected to the available USB ports on the motherboard. Usually 2 or 4 USB ports are available, so are up to 2 or 4 hard drives per server connected (Assuming the USB ports are not otherwise occupied). The connection is made via the fast USB 2.0 or 3.0 bus, according to the fast USB hard drives.
Any external USB hard disk has a capacity of 500 or 1000GB, ie You can connect up to 4x 1000GB = 4 terabytes of additional disk space on your server have your server without having to replace!
What advantages do you have as a server operator?
By connecting USB hard drives the growing storage needs of your server can be met quickly and flexibly. Especially for already established servers whose move to a new server would mean a lot of effort, the USB drives are an ideal storage expansion.
simple extension of the disk capacity of the server
extending the life of the server if it just needs more storage
- Moving option
outsourcing of relocation data on the external hard drive to take along to another server in the data center (so no more copying required)
What's with USB hard drives to consider?
- A maximum of 4 external hard drives can be installed.
- If there are fewer free USB ports on the server, external hard drives can be installed up to the maximum number of free usable USB ports.
- The server must be restarted to activate the USB 2.0 / 3.0 support in the BIOS. The server must support min. USB 2.0 and USB external storage.
- An external USB hard drive can move within the data center costs to a new server derselbem customer number in the same data center as soon as the end of the term of the old server is reached. (Maximum 14 days before shutdown the old server, multiple removals between 2 servers are excluded.)
- Once ordered, the USB hard drives must be connected for the entire duration of the server and can no longer be canceled. (Except for moving the hard disk in the computer center at the end of the term of the old server)
How to order a USB harddisk?
- You already have a root server at EUserv:
Check if you server plan supports USB harddisk or, if not, check if your server supports "Professional Option". Please activate "Professional Option" in customer panel. Once the "Professional Option" is active, choose the desired USB harddisk size and finish the order.
- You do not have a root server at EUserv:
Please order only one root server at EUserv that contains the option "USB harddisk" in the server plan or book in addition to "professional option" and set it on. Only after activating the server, you can then order a USB harddisk.
What fees apply for USB harddisks?
|externe USB harddisk 1000GB
||USB harddisk 1000GB to connect to USB port of a dedicated server
|externe USB harddisk 500GB
||USB harddisk 500GB to connect to USB port of a dedicated server
||move USB harddisk to other server at the end of old server contract inside same datacenter
||via support only
If desired, a defective USB harddisk can the customer to exchange for a fee of once 238, - EUR sent and bought it (eg for data recovery).